These are such an easy go-to breakfast. You can double the recipe (or more) to make a big batch and store in the fridge for the entire week! I love the simple spinach egg muffins, but often add tomato, mushrooms or other yummy veggies to it!
· 1 tsp coconut oil, raw, extra-virgin, organic
· 1/2 c onion, diced
· 2 c spinach, chopped
· 1/2 c tomatoes, diced (optional)
· 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites
· Any no-salt added seasoning
· Preheat oven to 180ºC.
· Line 4 cups of a muffin pan with cupcake liners
· Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium low heat.
· Add onions and sauté until brown.
· Add spinach to the pan and stir for about 2 minutes.
· Divide the diced tomatoes (if you are using them) and onion/spinach mixture between the lined cups
· Beat the eggs in a small bowl and pour evenly into each cup.
· Bake for about 20 minutes or until they puff up on top.
· You can refrigerate the muffins and eat them later!
Serving Size: 2-4 muffins
Recipe from: https://lovesweatfitness.com/spinach-egg-muffins/