by SALLY O'NEIL - the-fit-foodie.com
Chewy on the top, soft in the middle, with a layer of the delicious sauce waiting for you at the bottom makes – few puddings can top this one! Serve with a drizzle of homemade custard for extra indulgence on a cold night.
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup granulated stevia
3/4 cup cacao powder
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp natural vanilla essence
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
2. In a bowl, mix together the almond meal, stevia, 1/2 a cup of the cacao, baking powder and salt.
3. Add the coconut oil, milk and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
4. Pour into a baking dish and spread evenly.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cacao powder and coconut sugar over the batter to create a ‘crust’ on top.
6. Pour over the boiling water – do not mix in.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the centre is almost set, then remove and allow to cool a little before spooning into dishes with that delicious sauce at the bottom.