Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Creamy, rich peanut butter fudge made with 4 ingredients! Naturally sweetened, healthy, and ready in 30 minutes! The perfect plant-based dessert.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Vegan and Gluten-Free
• 2 cups (120 g) desiccated (finely shredded) unsweetened coconut
• 1 cup (256 g) creamy peanut butter (best ingredients: just peanuts + salt)
• 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil
• 3–5 Tbsp (45-75 ml) maple syrup, or other sweetener of choice, i.e. stevia
• optional: Pinch sea salt (depending on saltiness of PB)
• optional: 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Crushed peanuts
• Coconut flakes
1. Line a standard 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. To a food processor, add desiccated coconut and blend on high until a creamy butter is formed - about 4 minutes. Scrape down sides as needed.
3. Then add peanut butter and melted coconut oil and mix once more. Then add maple syrup 1 Tbsp at a time until desired sweetness is reached. If you add too much maple syrup, the mixture can seize up and get thick. If that happens, thin with a bit more melted coconut oil.
4. Optional: Add sea salt and vanilla and mix once more. Taste and adjust flavors as needed, adding more salt or vanilla for overall flavor or maple syrup or stevia for sweetness.
5. Transfer mixture to lined loaf pan and spread into an even layer. You can add crushed peanuts or coconut flakes on top.
6. Freeze until firm - about 15 minutes. Then use a hot knife to slice into even squares - about 21. Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 10 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. If frozen, let soften at room temperature for 5-10 minutes for best texture/flavor.