By Julia and Libby
• 2 free range eggs
• ⅓ cup butter, melted
• ½ cup maple syrup
• 2 mashed bananas (the browner the better as they mash easily and taste sweeter)
• 1 extra banana if you want to have one on top to decorate
• ⅓ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
• ¼ cup natural yogurt
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
• Pinch of salt
• 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake – line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, then add the butter and maple syrup. Mix well.
3. Add the mashed bananas, walnuts, Anchor Greek yogurt, baking soda, vanilla and salt, mix well. Add the gluten free flour and mix well.
4. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 50 minutes. To make sure it is cooked through place a knife or toothpick into the cake before removing from oven. If the knife or toothpick comes out clean, it is ready!
5. Let the bread cool on a wire rack before serving. Is best served warm and crispy from the toaster with butter.