News and Articles
10 Reasons for Baby Swimming Lessons
- An ideal opportunity for parent and child bonding in a relaxed and fun environment.
- All babies have primitive and postural reflexes, one of which is the Mammalian Reflex which is strong between 0-6 months and enables them to naturally breath-hold when submerged.
- Gross and fine motor skills are strengthened.
- Coordination and balance are enhanced.
- A research study through Griffith University shows positive foundations in math and language and attributes this to swimming lessons for children under 6 years of age.
- Safety is paramount and skills are taught throughout the lessons, educating parents to help keep children safe in and around the water.
- Social skills and self esteem are developed through interaction with other children and positive encouragement from parents.
- Your child will develop a trusting relationship with you
- As your child grows, they will learn to obey instructions – we teach children to enter the water only when instructed to do so and we also teach them the importance of taking turns.
- Baby swimming lessons kick start their love of water!